Google

Monday, October 29, 2007

The State of MSU Football

Wow, what a game Saturday! The thing I like the most is how we were able to see 3 teams play in one game! First, the 1st half MSU team was fantastic. They were able to move up and down the field without a struggle, they were able to shutdown a pathetic Iowa offense, just great all around! The 2nd team was that of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Not much of a surprise here, your basic bottom tier football team that is young & inexperienced. The 3rd team is the 2nd half MSU team. They looked like a high school team that was playing the Buckeyes of THE Ohio State. How MSU can make Iowa look like a force in the Big Ten is completely beyond me......oh wait, I guess I am talking the Spartans.....shouldn't be surprised I guess.

Bottom line for me is that I can't wait for John L's boys to move on with their lives. It's hard to fault the coaches at this point because of the history that these players have on their back. I'm giving the coaches a full 5 years to clear out the lockers of these bozos so we can see how good of a recruiting staff we currently have.

Next Game: University of Michigan @ Michigan State University

My Line: Wolverines By 14

Outlook
Had MSU showed up in the 2nd half against Iowa, I would have the spread closer to even but since the Spartans of old have showed up again....they have no shot at beating the Wolverines in my opinion. My predicion is that MSU will look like the team from the Ohio State game....no offense, & the defense will score once in the 2nd half creating some excitement for the home fans.

Score: Michigan - 34 MSU - 21

Can't wait for basketball season to kick-off on Friday....even though it's an exhibition game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Chad, I'm done with football and totally ready for basketball to begin. I missed midnight madness because I was sick, but my boyfriend went and said the team looks really good. And #8 is higher than I expected. Hopefully they will live up to it!